Col. Kimberly K. Toney is the Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services at Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. She is responsible for the development, management, and implementation of personnel/ manpower/ services plans, policies and procedures for the largest education and training system in the world. She controls the personnel programs impacting more than 60,000 military and civilian personnel assigned to AETC.
Colonel Toney received her commission in 1985 as an Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps distinguished graduate from Louisiana Tech University. She has held various assignments in services and personnel at the squadron, group, wing, center and Air Force headquarters levels.
1985 Bachelor of Science degree in general studies, Louisiana Technical University, Ruston
1990 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1993 Master of Science degree in human resource management and management, Webster University
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2005 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Seminar XXI Program
2007 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2009 Senior Leaders Executive Course, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. September 1985 - June 1986, student, undergraduate pilot training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. June 1986 - August 1988, operations officer, Morale Welfare and Recreation, Charleston AFB, S.C.
3. August 1988 - March 1991, chief, Morale Welfare and Recreation & Services Division, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
4. March 1991 - April 1992, chief, Morale Welfare and Recreation, Thule Air Base, Greenland
5. April 1992 - January 1994, chief, services officer assignments, Air Force Military Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. January 1994 - August 1994, chief, Services Officer Assignments, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. August 1994 - January 1996, recorder, Selection Board Secretariat, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
8. January 1996 - August 1997, Commander, 36th Services Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
9. July 1997 - June 1998, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. June 1998 - March 1999, chief, Manpower and Organization, Headquarters Air Force Services, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. March 1999 - January 2001, Commander, 48th Services Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
12. January 2001 - July 2002, executive officer for the Deputy Chief of Staff, Installations and Logistics, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
13. July 2002 - June 2003, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. June 2003 - June 2005, Deputy Director, General Officer Matters, Air Force Senior Leader Management Office, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
15. June 2005 - June 2007, Commander, 31st Mission Support Group, Aviano Air Base, Italy
16. June 2007 - May 2009, Commander, 501st Combat Support Wing, Royal Air Force Alconbury, England
17. June 2009 - June 2011, Director, Manpower and Personnel, United States Southern Command, Miami, Fla.
18. June 2011 - June 2012, Vice Commander, Air Force Recruiting Service, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
19. July 2012 - present, Director, Manpower, Personnel & Services, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster and two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 25, 1985
First Lieutenant July 16, 1987
Captain July 16, 1989
Major May 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2000
Colonel Aug 1, 2004
(Current as of July 2012)