Col. Robert R. Erickson is the Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio- Randolph, Texas.
Colonel Erickson graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1991. After earning his wings in April 1993, he served in various flying assignments, including instructor pilot and flight commander. While at Kadena Air Base, Japan, Colonel Erickson served as an Assistant Director of Operations as well as Flight Commander, Instructor Pilot and Evaluation Pilot in the 12th and 44th Fighter Squadrons.
In July 2002, Colonel Erickson joined the Oregon Air National Guard at Kingsley Field, Klamath Falls, Oregon. During his time at Kingsley Field, Colonel Erickson served as an Instructor Pilot, Evaluation Pilot, Assistant Weapons Officer, Chief of Academics, Chief of Scheduling, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, Director of Operations, and Squadron Commander of the 114th Fighter Squadron. In March 2011, Colonel Erickson was selected as the Director of Operations (A3) for the Oregon Air National Guard. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Air National Guard Advisor to the Director of Intelligence, Operations and Nuclear Integration at Air Education and Training Command.
1991 Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science with a minor in Russian language, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
1. May 1991 - April 1992, Assistant Protocol Officer and Administrative Assistant to Dean, Department of Political Science, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. April 1992 - May 1993, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. May 1993 - March 1996, Command Post Officer and Section Commander, 306th Fighter Squadron, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz. (November 1995 - Fighter Requalification Training, Vance AFB, Okla.)
4. March 1996 - December 1996, F-15C Pilot Training, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. December 1996 - July 1999, Squadron Scheduler, Flight Safety Officer and Instructor Pilot, 27th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
6. July 1999 - July 2002, Flight Commander and Instructor Pilot, 12th and 44th Fighter Squadrons, Kadena AB, Japan
7. July 2002 - February 2011, Evaluator Pilot, then Commander, 114th Fighter Squadron, Kingsley Field, Ore.
8. February 2011 - September 2011, Director of Operations (A3), Oregon Air National Guard, Salem, Ore.
9. September 2011 - June 2014, ANG Advisor to AETC Director of Intelligence, Operations and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, JBSA - Randolph, Texas
10. June 2014 - present, ANG Advisor to the Commander, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, JBSA - Randolph, Texas
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,100
Aircraft Flown: F-15A/B/C/D, F-16D, AT-38, T-38A/B/C, T-37, T-6, C-130H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Longevity Service with four oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
Oregon Superior Unit Citation
Oregon Faithful Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 1, 1991
First Lieutenant May 1, 1993
Captain May 1, 1995
Major March 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2007
Colonel September 1, 2011
(Current as of July 2014)