Colonel Corey A. Hermesch is the Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. In this position, he assists with formulating, developing, and coordinating policies and programs impacting more than 105,000 Air National Guard members. The command operates more than 1,400 trainer, fighter and mobility aircraft, 23 wings, 10 bases and five geographically separated units training more than 293,000 students per year.
Colonel Hermesch graduated from Kansas State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science. Following pilot and aircraft training, he served in various units in United States Air Forces Europe, Air Education and Training Command, and Pacific Air Forces including an assignment as a United States Air Force Aggressor Pilot. After his last active duty assignment, he joined the Texas Air National Guard. He has served as squadron director of operations, squadron commander, and chief of wing safety. Colonel Hermesch is a command pilot with more than 2,600 hours in the F-16 Fighting Falcon, to include over 100 combat hours and has deployed in support of OPERATION SOUTHERN WATCH and OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. Prior to this assignment, he was the Air National Guard Advisor to the
Commander, 19th Air Force.
1998 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Master of Science in Information Technology Management, Touro University, Cypress, Calif.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2018 Air War College, by correspondence
1. June 1999–October 2000, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. October 2000–July 2001, Student, F-16 Basic Course Training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. August 2001–July 2004, F-16 Pilot and Security Manager, 22nd Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
4. August 2004–July 2007, F-16 Instructor Pilot and Flight Commander, 63rd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
5. August 2007–August 2010, USAF Aggressor Pilot and Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, 18th Aggressor Squadron,
Eielson AFB, Alaska
6. August 2010–February 2011, Weapons Officer Assistant and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 182nd Fighter Squadron, Joint Base San
7. Feb 2011–Apr 2015, Contracting Officer Representative, 149th Operations Support Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
8. Apr 2015–Jul 2017, Director of Operations, 182nd Fighter Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
9. Jul 2017–Mar 2018, Commander, 149th Operations Support Squadron, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
10. Apr 2018–Mar 2019, Chief of Wing Safety, 149th Fighter Wing, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
11. Apr 2019–Jul 2020, Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, 19th Air Force, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
12. Jul 2020–Present, Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, Air Education Training command, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2,600
Combat hours: 103
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, F-16C/D
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant January 10, 1999
First Lieutenant January 10, 2001
Captain January 10, 2003
Major August 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel February 4, 2015
Colonel July 31, 2019
(Current as of July 2020)