Chief Master Sergeant Juliet C. Gudgel is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. The command includes the Air Force Recruiting Service, two numbered air forces and Air University. AETC operates more than 1,400 trainer, fighter and mobility aircraft, 23 wings, 10 bases, and five geographically separated groups. The command trains more than 300,000 students per year with approximately 60,000 active-duty, Reserve, Guard, civilian and contractor personnel. The chief is a key advisor in the development and education of the Air Force's enlisted corps across their entire career.
Chief Gudgel has served in roles such as squadron superintendent, flight superintendent, technical school instructor, career assistance advisor, supply chain management action officer, Air Force Materiel Command's materiel management functional manager and noncommissioned officer academy commandant. Before assuming her current position, she served as the command chief master sergeant for Air University. She has deployed in support of Operation Northern Watch, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn.
1998 Airman Leadership School, Royal Air Force Feltwell, England
2000 Associate degree, Applied Science Logistics, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Teaching Practicum, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Associate degree, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Bachelor of Science, Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University
2003 Awarded Master Instructor Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Occupational Instructor Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Master’s, Education and Instructional Technology, American Intercontinental University
2008 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2016 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1992 - July 1992, Basic Trainee, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1992 - September 1992, Technical Training Student, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. September 1992 - February 1994, Document Control Apprentice & Receiving Clerk, 7276th Air Base Wing, Iraklion Air Station, Greece
4. February 1994 - February 1995, Repair Cycle Support Journeyman, 86th Supply Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
5. February 1995 - February 1998, Procedures and Analysis, 48th Supply Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
6. May 1998 - December 1999, NCOIC, Materiel Control, 668th Logistics Squadron, Air Intelligence Agency, Kelly AFB, Texas
7. January 2000 - July 2002, Supply Instructor, 345th Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. August 2002 - July 2004, Facility Development Instructor, 37th Training Support Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
9. July 2004- July 2005, NCOIC, MICAP, 37th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
10. July 2005 - October 2006, NCOIC, F-22 Parts Store, 99th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. October 2006 - July 2009, Installation Career Advisor, 99th Mission Support Squadron, Nellis/Creech AFB, Nev.
12. August 2009 - April 2012, Superintendent, Operations and Compliance, 354th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
13. May 2012 - July 2012, Superintendent, 354th LRS, Eielson AFB, Alaska
14. August 2012 - March 2013, Supply Chain Management Action Officer, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. April 2013 - September 2014, Headquarters AFMC, Materiel Management Functional Manager, A4/Logistics and Sustainment, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. September 2014 - November 2015, Commandant, Airey Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
17. November 2015 - October 2016, Command Chief, 59th Medical Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
18. October 2016 - August 2017, Command Chief, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
19. August 2017 - Present, Command Chief, Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant November 2013
(Current as of August 2017)