Col. Richard W. Fogg is the Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. He leads a team of 80 financial professionals who provide fiscal oversight of the Command's $8.8 billion budget and oversee financial services to 69,000 assigned total force and 442,000 recruits, students and trainees at 86 locations worldwide.
Colonel Fogg enlisted in the Air Force in 1982 and served in the Accounting and Finance career field. He commissioned through the Air Force Officer Training School in 1990, and has served in comptroller positions at all management levels--wing, major command and Air Force headquarters and has commanded at the squadron and group levels.
1989 Bachelor's degree in operations management, Florida State University, Tallahassee
1993 Financial Management Staff Officer Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Professional Military Comptroller School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Master of Business Administration, Webster University
2004 Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2009 National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. March 1983 - September 1990, Accounting and Finance Technician, 325th Combat Support Group, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2. December 1990 - December 1992, Chief, Computer Based Training, 1550th Combat Crew Training Wing, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
3. January 1993 - December 1994, Chief, Financial Services Flight, Regional Accounting and Finance Office, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
4. December 1994 - May 1997, Comptroller, 10th Air Base Wing and Budget Director, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
5. June 1997 - June 2000, Chief, Command Accounting Policy and Executive Officer to the Comptroller, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. June 2000 - June 2003, Action Officer and Budget Analyst for Operations and Maintenance Appropriation; and Military Assistant to the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force Financial Management, Office of the Comptroller, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. June 2003 - June 2004, Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth Kan.
8. July 2004 - June 2006, Commander, 81st Comptroller Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
9. July 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 3rd Comptroller Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
10. July 2008 - June 2009, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
11. June 2009 - May 2012, Chief, Budget Division, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. June 2012 - July 2014, Vice Commander, 10th Air Base Wing, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
13. July 2014 - October 2014, Deputy Comptroller, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
14. October 2014 - present, Comptroller, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal with bronze service star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze service star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
1993 Distinguished Graduate, Financial Management Officer Course
1994 Finance Officer of the Year, U.S. Air Forces in Europe
1996 Company Grade Officer of the Year, 10th Air Base Wing
1998 Distinguished Graduate and Chief of Staff Flight, Squadron Officer School
1998 Finance Officer of the Year, U.S. Air Forces in Europe
2001 Outstanding Contribution to Financial Management and Comptroller, Runner-Up: Air Force
2004 Air Force Special Acts & Services Award for Financial Management and Comptroller
2005 Air Force Special Acts & Services Award for Financial Management and Comptroller
2005 AETC Comptroller Organization of the Year
2005 AETC Comptroller of the Year and Air Force Comptroller of the Year
2005 Distinguished Comptroller of the Year, American Society of Military Comptrollers
2008 PACAF Comptroller Organization of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 21, 1990
First Lieutenant Nov. 21, 1992
Captain Nov. 21, 1994
Major Jan. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2006
Colonel April 1, 2012
(Current as of November 2014)